SOUTH WINDSOR, CT – Coburn Technologies, a leader in providing innovative, end-to-end customer solutions to the world's ophthalmic lens processing industries, introduces their latest finishing product for retail and wholesale lens labs; HPE-8000X, the Exxpert Edger.
“HPE-8000X is the successor to our current model, HPE-8000, and now provides a multitude of new features and advancements to support the continuously changing needs in lens and frame technology,” states Wayne Labrecque, Vice President of Sales for Coburn Technologies.
New key features of the HPE-8000X include:
- Step Bevel Cutting: Newly introduced “step bevel cutting” assures that the lens will fit precisely into high-wrap sunglasses even with special shape cuttings, such as ventilation holes.
- 11 Different Lens Edge Finishes: More options are now available for different jobs. Edge finishes include step bevel, standard bevel, rimless, grooving, mini bevel, asymmetric bevel, U-bevel, partial bevel, partial grooving, dual grooving and hybrid grooving.
- Reduce lens slippage: Adaptive swivel chuck is used to clamp the lens more evenly, while eliminating lens slippage. The Exxpert edger introduces “axial roughing”, which prevents the lens from rotating on the wheel until the thickest part of the lens is removed, and in conjunction with the one touch hydrophobic mode, eliminates the possibility of lens slippage.
- Import & Store DCS (OMA) Directly: Directly import DCS job files including frame shape, FPD, finishing style, lens material, drill coordinates and more. Also, store and maintain these files in folder format, removing all concerns of file duplication.
- 6 Different Edging Positions: Various edging position options help provide more choices when matching lens and frame eye wire geometry. Positions include auto, manual, base curve (absolute), percent, front offset and rear offset.
- Retouch Support Back Up: Saves up to the last three retouch jobs allowing user to go back and edit recent jobs if necessary.
- Frame Shape Modification: Modify the shape of the frame more easily with R/L shape-switching, R/L shape-mirroring and free modification by the digital pattern mode – performed by directions, ratio, rotation and partial edition.
- High Performance Wheel: The high performance wheel design now offers enhanced speed, higher polish quality and much easier wheel maintenance for polishing.
“The step bevel function has been considered a very high end, but expensive, option. Now, with the HPE-8000X, we are changing this preconceived notion by offering this high-end feature at an affordable price point,” states Bruno Yun, Senior Sales Application Engineer for Coburn Technologies.
The Exxpert Edger, HPE-8000X, will be showcased at this year’s Vision Expo West in Las Vegas, Nevada, booth LP6075. More information is available from Coburn online at www.coburntechnologies.com, or call 1-800-COBURN-1 for pricing and additional details.
About Coburn Technologies
Coburn Technologies, Inc. (http://www.coburntechnologies.com) is the world’s leading provider of computer-integrated ophthalmic lens processing systems and ophthalmic instruments. We design, manufacture, and service software equipment and supplies used in all aspects of surfacing prescriptions in lens blanks, coating and finishing lenses to fit into patient frames. We provide a broad range of diagnostics, refraction and retinal imaging equipment for a more complete solution to the eye care professional. Coburn Technologies is American owned and globally headquartered in South Windsor, Connecticut USA.
©2016 Coburn Technologies, Inc.